This post will walk you through how to perform the weekly maintenance tasks of checking pump pressure and verifying flow through the underflow valve on your PurWater Water Recovery System. If you have any questions, or if you require any assistance, please contact our Technical Support department by calling 800.882.8854.
Checking the Pump Pressure Gauge
- The pump pressure gauge should show pressure when the motor is running.
- This pressure will vary. If a wash activation is on it will be much higher than when the Reclaim is running at recirculation speed and the wash is idle.
- In the low frequency recirculation mode the pressure should be about 15-25 psig - At higher pump speeds, when there is an activation signal from the car wash, the pump pressure may read as high as 50-55 psig.
- If there is no pressure please refer to the Troubleshooting Section of your technical manual.
Left: Typical pressure during recirculation. Right: Typical pressure during wash activation.
Verify Flow Through Underflow (U/F) Valve
- Verify underflow is not backed up by loosening the front side union while the pump is running in Auto.
- If a stream of water is coming through the valve - that is all that is required (see pic below)
- If there is no flow, replace the union and force a “Cyclone Flush” from the touch screen then recheck by removing the union fitting.
- If the Cyclone (U/)F flush did not break the solids free, turn the system to Hand, disconnect the entire valve by loosening both unions and find out where the blockage is.
- This is important because if solids get trapped behind the valve for too long it can clog up the cyclones causing untreated water being sent out to the wash. The cyclones can be extremely difficult to impossible to unclog and may require removal & complete disassembly.
Cyclone Flush Procedure (A)
- Look at the Touch Screen and see if a grey “Flush Cyclones” box is present in the lower right of
- If present, activate the flush by touching the grey box.
cyclone flush procedure (b)
- Look at the Touch Screen and see if a grey box is present in the lower right of the screen.
- If not present, touch the Reclaim System graphic on the Touch Screen and the grey “Flush Cyclones” box will appear.
- Activate the flush by touching the grey box.