This post will discuss the weekly maintenance tasks that should be performed on PurClean reverse osmosis units.
Check On-Board TDS Meter
- With the unit on and producing water in the “Fill” mode for approximately 10 minutes (not in flush mode) push the power button in the upper left hand corner of the TDS Meter.
- The display will illuminate and show the “In” TDS level.
- To change, press the “Out” button and the RO Product Water TDS will be displayed.
- This reading should be at or below 25ppm. If it is above 25ppm, reference the troubleshooting section of the PurClean technical manual, or contact a qualified technician to verify the readings and assist with troubleshooting the equipment.
- Please note that it is a good idea to have a hand held TDS meter to compare results with the on-board meter.
Check Settings During Operation
- Verify product flow meter - this is not adjustable. The amount of product is a result.
- Verify pump and membrane pressure (please reference the PurClean technical manual for correct settings or contact our technical support department).
Note: Keeping a log of equipment settings, pressure levels and output volumes as well as performed maintenance tasks with dates can be beneficial in diagnosing and troubleshooting any issues by providing long-term trend information.