Since PurClean became a company over 30 years ago, one of our biggest focuses has been customer support. Creating a number one product is great, but support makes it possible to maintain customer relationships and ensure each partnership is beneficial to both sides.
2020 has been a whirlwind year for the carwash industry and has been a pivotal year for PurClean so far allowing changes to be made to further instill the belief that customer support is key to success. At the beginning of the year, our sales team was in need of a reboot. Management within the company decided to look internally for employees that could assist with fostering customer relationships by providing knowledgeable support and technical experience. Paul Spence and Steve Samudio, both of whom have decades of combined experience in water treatment for the carwash industry have fulfilled this role since January of 2020. We are excited to announce their new positions as Technical Sales Managers and the creation of our new Technical Sales Team.
This post will cover maintenance tasks on the AquaLink II (or AOS II) unit. This information can also be found in the technical manual for this equipment. If you have any questions while performing maintenance tasks, please contact our technical support department at 800.882.8854.
One of our goals at PurClean is to partner with our customers by providing up-to-date information on water treatment and our systems. One way we’ve done this is by providing a distributor resource library that includes downloadable files such as technical manuals, spec sheets, sell sheets, parts catalogs and more. To access, visit our website at www.purclean.com and scroll to the bottom of our home page. One the right side of the page you’ll find a button that says “Distributor Login” - click this button to begin the registration process. You’ll be taken to a sign in page with a bottom at the bottom that says “Not a member? Register”. Fill out this form and wait to receive a confirmation email. From here you can confirm your email and then login to the resource center.
When deciding whether to refurbish or replace your PurClean and PurWater equipment, it’s important to review all factors to ensure the most economical and efficient option is made for the long term. Replacement can often seem more expensive than refurbishment, while refurbishment may appear to have more down time and labor. Figuring out which way to go can be tricky, so we wanted to put together a blog post to help you decide which option might be best for your specific situation. Keep reading to learn what factors should be considered when weighing refurbishment versus replacement of your unit.
Please join us online for a weekly H2O-U training class via Zoom. See below for schedule information and contact email@example.com to register.
When installing a Jet pump or multistage pump. There is a mark on the bottom of the snout shown in the picture below. This from the factory a should not be moved.
Starting the Reclaim up after extended shut down
- If the power has been turned off on the Reclaim System for an extended amount of time the clock may need to be set on the PLC (follow the procedure in the equipment manual)
- Tighten all unions if they were loosened (ONLY HAND TIGHT).
- Turn city water on to equipment
- Open the basket on the reclaim and remove lid
- Press AUTO on the HMI screen and then prime the reclaim. Let the basket fill to the top with water and then press OFF. Make sure the water stays at the top of the basket. If it does not and it drains down the suction line the foot valves in the Reclaim Tanks will need to be checked.
- Check the O-ring on the strainer basket lid. Use your finger and slid around the O-ring and feel if it is sticking up higher than the steal on the lid.
- Priming procedure
- Replace Strainer basket lid.
- Tighten the two front dog ears bolt.
- Press the AUTO button on the HMI and then press the Prime button.
- Wait for water to flow out the back of the basket.
- Once it does tighten the two back dog ear bolts.
- The system will wait for the pressure to build t 4 PSI and then start.
- If the Reclaim does not prime loosen back dog ear bolts and repeat steps 3-6
Starting the Reverse Osmosis System after extended shut down
- Turn on city water to equipment
- Reinstall prefilter and housing
- Connect all hose back to pump and membrane housing(s)
- Flip toggle switch on right side of electrical box up to the on position
- Set units pump pressure and flows
Weekly: Verify Ozone ProductionWith the power on and the system operating in Auto, check for ozone production (There should not be any errors on the Touch Screen or the Ozone Generator Screens).
- Remove the manhole cover over the underground reclaim tank where ozone gas is injected. An odor of ozone should be present.
Caution: Inhaling concentrated ozone can create severe breathing problems. Precautions must be made to prevent exposure to concentrated ozone.
Monthly: Clean Oxygen Concentrator and Ozone Generator Filters
With the power On and system operating in Hand:
This post will walk you through how to perform the weekly maintenance tasks of checking pump pressure and verifying flow through the underflow valve on your PurWater Water Recovery System. If you have any questions, or if you require any assistance, please contact our Technical Support department by calling 800.882.8854.
This post will walk you through how to perform the weekly maintenance task of cleaning your strainer basket on your PurWater Water Recovery System. If you have any questions, or if you require any assistance, please contact our Technical Support department by calling 800.882.8854.