When installing a Jet pump or multistage pump. There is a mark on the bottom of the snout shown in the picture below. This from the factory a should not be moved.
This post will discuss the monthly maintenance tasks that should be performed on purclean reverse osmosis units.
Starting the Reclaim up after extended shut down
- If the power has been turned off on the Reclaim System for an extended amount of time the clock may need to be set on the PLC (follow the procedure in the equipment manual)
- Tighten all unions if they were loosened (ONLY HAND TIGHT).
- Turn city water on to equipment
- Open the basket on the reclaim and remove lid
- Press AUTO on the HMI screen and then prime the reclaim. Let the basket fill to the top with water and then press OFF. Make sure the water stays at the top of the basket. If it does not and it drains down the suction line the foot valves in the Reclaim Tanks will need to be checked.
- Check the O-ring on the strainer basket lid. Use your finger and slid around the O-ring and feel if it is sticking up higher than the steal on the lid.
- Priming procedure
- Replace Strainer basket lid.
- Tighten the two front dog ears bolt.
- Press the AUTO button on the HMI and then press the Prime button.
- Wait for water to flow out the back of the basket.
- Once it does tighten the two back dog ear bolts.
- The system will wait for the pressure to build t 4 PSI and then start.
- If the Reclaim does not prime loosen back dog ear bolts and repeat steps 3-6
Starting the Reverse Osmosis System after extended shut down
- Turn on city water to equipment
- Reinstall prefilter and housing
- Connect all hose back to pump and membrane housing(s)
- Flip toggle switch on right side of electrical box up to the on position
- Set units pump pressure and flows
Weekly: Verify Ozone ProductionWith the power on and the system operating in Auto, check for ozone production (There should not be any errors on the Touch Screen or the Ozone Generator Screens).
- Remove the manhole cover over the underground reclaim tank where ozone gas is injected. An odor of ozone should be present.
Caution: Inhaling concentrated ozone can create severe breathing problems. Precautions must be made to prevent exposure to concentrated ozone.
Monthly: Clean Oxygen Concentrator and Ozone Generator Filters
With the power On and system operating in Hand:
This post will walk you through how to perform the weekly maintenance tasks of checking pump pressure and verifying flow through the underflow valve on your PurWater Water Recovery System. If you have any questions, or if you require any assistance, please contact our Technical Support department by calling 800.882.8854.
This post will walk you through how to perform the weekly maintenance task of cleaning your strainer basket on your PurWater Water Recovery System. If you have any questions, or if you require any assistance, please contact our Technical Support department by calling 800.882.8854.
**This article was written by Charles Borchard and published in the March issue of Auto Laundry News. You can view it on their website here.**
Dear valued carwash partners,
COMBATTING THE GLOBAL WATER CRISIS
Water is becoming more expensive every day. The lack of freshwater resources to meet demand
affects every continent on the globe and was listed in the 2019 World Economic Forum as one of the
largest global risks in terms of potential impact over the next decade. Due to rising populations and
changing consumption patterns, water has become a resource that is rapidly growing more and more
precious around the world. In an effort to be more environmentally responsible as well as save on the
increasing costs levied by local municipalities, the carwash industry has recognized a need for water
treatment solutions that are tailored specifically to the car wash operator. Throughout the last decadethis technology has seen exponential growth in an industry built on the consumption and usage of water. In an era of new technology and continuing innovation, how do car wash operators find solutions that fittheir needs specifically without wasting their other resources – time, money and most importantly the quality of their wash? There are many options for water treatment solutions within the carwash industry today. Finding the right solution for each situation can take time and effort that can be difficult to find while also managing a business. It is important to find a company that will partner with you to offer informed and educated decisions to save you and your customers time and money from beginning to end. It’s also important to find equipment that fits your sites needs without taking up valuable resources or negatively impacting wash quality.